Thursday, January 6, 2011

overwhelmed.

Tonight was probably one of the happiest nights of the year (5 days in, pretty big call, I know).
Dinner tonight was at the best friends' parents house. With Mamia and Papi.
Everything from the company, food and conversation was extraordinary. I had a hard time fighting back the tears that welled up when The Granade gave Mamia the most beautiful and heartfelt gift. A hand-knitted table cloth (with matching napkins!) that he brought back many moons ago from Syria.
Its times like these that I feel my heart swell at knowing that these people are, in fact, a part of my life. I can't really describe how proud I am to count them as part of my family.

The next coming months are going to be challenging*, but keeping this blog and these entries are whats going to keep me going. Knowing that there are these people, though scattered through the world, who care about me and my family.

I am greatful for those that are around me, and those who may be far but whose love is constantly with me...



*to say the least













ps: dad, I am missing you like heck today. love.

No comments:

Post a Comment